Position: Artistic Director
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Closing Date: 3/29/2013
Type of Position: Part-Time
Salary: Contract position only, $625/month, with potential incentive based bonuses
Description of Position Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to communicate and implement short- and long-term artistic vision for TPMC.
- Work to improve musicianship, technical proficiency, and performance capability of both the chorus and the individual members.
- Prepare, coordinate, and conduct all TPMC rehearsals and performances.
- Develop a chorus calendar that includes weekly participation in rehearsals and performances as approved by Music Production Committee.
- Assist the chorus in the memorization of the music.
- Initiate the commissioning of new works and arrangements as grants and budgets proscribe.
- Develop repertoire for each TPMC concert in collaboration with the TPMC Music Production Committee in research and planning for all concerts in line with vision of TPMC. Maintain a minimum of two years advance planning for themes and music selections of each concert season.
- Coordinate the hiring of musicians as required.
- Assist Chorus Operations Committee in the recruitment of new chorus members each year from various community resources, including but not limited to the GLBT community.
- Attend and provide a written report to the Board of Directors for their monthly meetings.
- Purchase choral music staying within the annual budget.
- A committed musician who is willing to further develop his/her directing style.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Music and at least 3 years of experience leading a choruses.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these styles to the chorus.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with the Board of Directors.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude towards the GLBT community and support the mission of the chorus.
- A proficiency of the keyboard with the intent to accompany the chorus in the absence of a principal accompanist and during sectionals.
- Ability to arrange choral music for a four-part male chorus.
Information Required to Apply:
- Application information sheet (click here to download info sheet)
- Resume and Cover Letter
- 3 references
- Samples of concert programming
These materials may be emailed to: ADsearch@triadpridemenschorus.org or sent by traditional mail to:Robert Jordan, Board Chairman Triad Pride Men’s Chorus 200 N Davie Street, Box 20 Greensboro, NC 27401