You’ve seen us in concert. You’ve seen us around town. Now you, or someone you know, can sing with us!
Simply call us at 336.589.6267 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling.
When you contact us, we’ll give you information about our Vocal placements, which will be held on Tuesdays during the months of August and January.
TRY US OUT:
Sit in on a regular rehearsal to meet us and to see what goes on.
Weekly rehearsals are on Tuesdays in Greensboro from 7:30 to 9:30 pm at the Greensboro Cultural Center in room 121, 200 North Davie Street.
READY TO JOIN – What you can expect…?
- A vocal placement is held with our artistic director, (August and January) to determine the range of your voice-tenor, bass or somewhere in between.
- The primary requirements are to be able to hold a tune and follow the director’s instructions click here for more information or to schedule a vocal placement.
- This is not a test!!! Sing some scales and sing some simple exercises.
- You don’t have to be a trained or exceptional singer
- No preparation is needed for the vocal placement.
- Previous music experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- Can’t read music? Not a problem. A rehearsal CD for each part is produced to help you with memorization of the music.
- Tuxedo and additional accessories required (depending on concert themes) which are purchased at your expense.
- Each singer is expected to sell a minimum number of tickets to each concert and assist with yearly fund raisers.
- Participate in outreach events in the community
- Have FUN and meet new people!
BUT SINGING IS NOT MY “THING” The chorus welcomes non-singing volunteers to help on various committees, work the front of the house during concerts (ushering, selling tickets and merchandise), and perform other related activities. As a non-performing member of TPMC, you would be listed in the chorus programs and receive invitations to chorus social events. This is another great way to make a contribution to the success of TPMC … and meet some pretty great guys. For more information on volunteering call us at 336.589.6267 or send email to email@example.com.
We’ve got a spot just for you.