Big Gay Idol Contest
TPMC presents the opportunity of a lifetime! You can audition to sing Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’ as a solo during our Spring Concerts, June 2013 in Greensboro and Winston-Salem.
Entering is easy! Just read and follow the simple instructions below.
Guidelines - Please read these carefully before entering
- How to enter: Entries to the competition will be by a video or Mp3 audio file of you singing the first 32 measures of Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’, exactly as printed in one of the two PDF files below. They are each in a different key (one for high voices and one for low voices) so sing the version that best fits your range. The chosen winners will perform the entire song at the concert, but we only need 32 measures for the audition. Please note that to enter, you MUST sing the appropriate audition piece a cappella (without accompaniment) in the key given.
- The Selection process: finalists will be selected to perform on Thursday, April 25 between 7pm – 9:30pm. Winner(s) will be announced by May 15th and if possible we will select 1 winner for each concert venue.
- Your availability: To enter you must be available at both of the following times:
- Tuesday, June 4 from 8:30-9:30 pm for a rehearsal with the Artistic Director and TPMC.
- Saturday, June 8th Greensboro and Saturday, June 15th Winston Salem for performance. The formal call time will be 7 pm. Please note, we may also need you for a tech rehearsals in the evening or afternoon the week of the performance for 10-15 minute sound check run through between 5:00 and 8:00 pm.
- Exclusions: Entries are open to any person over 18 who can be available at the times outlined above.
- Deadline: All entries must be emailed by midnight April 4, 2013. If shortlisted, we will call and email you by April 15, and we will need to speak to you by phone that day to confirm your time on April 25.
Instructions for Entry
- Download one of the two PDF below:
- Record your mp3 or video. Be sure to sing in the key indicated. Begin your recording by saying your name, using the same name as you give in the application form, as follows: ‘This is [name] and this is my entry for the ‘Big Gay Idol’ competition’. Then, give it your all and really perform! If you are submitting an mp3 audio file rather than video you’ll need to also submit a jpeg photo of yourself.
- Choose a Submission Method
- Video: Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo or any other major video sharing service.
- Photo: attach a recent photo of yourself to the email
- Send us an email with your full name , phone number, Recent Photo and URL to your video . This information will be absolutely confidential. Submit the phone number at which we can reach you most easily on April 25.
If you have any questions or have problems uploading, please email us at email@example.com
Good luck and we look forward to hearing your entry!